How to fix shortwave radio weak receive antenna RF Coil National NC-173 Part 2

How to fix shortwave radio weak receive antenna RF Coil National NC-173 Part 2 Here you go! Part 2 of the National NC-173 Ham receiver restoration. The radio had been re-capped in its past, however the old 10% resistors were original and way out of tolerance. So, I decided to change all of them. Then a real bugger of a problem reared its ugly head! An open RF input coil (band C), No!! Yes, but lucky for me, I was able to repair it. Patience a good set of tweezers, magnifying glass, good light, the task was complete and the coil works fine. It was quite a job my friends. Looks like this receiver is turning into a long term project. There will be a part 3 soon. I just need to set aside more time, which is hard to come by. I hope you enjoy these type videos. I am trying to have you right there with me thru the toils of vintage repair. See you soon. TD

Drake,Collins,Johnson,Hammarlund,Hallicrafters,elecraft,Kenwood,antique,Philco,Zenith,Heathkit,icom,Yaesu,Dayton,n6tlu,Hamfest,CB,band,repair,troubleshoot,circuit,resistors,solder,oscilloscope,bias,alignment,amp,guitar,tube,valve,schematic,scope,oscillator,morse code,Ranger,Globe,transmitter,foreign,broadcast,advice,doctor,technician,science,electronics,donation,retro,reception,defective,broken,rebuild,set,station,amateur,key,mic,DX-60,controls,meter,classic,dead,frequency,

Comments